Monday, April 11, 2011

A Hunger Like No Other - Review



A mythic warrior who'll stop at nothing to possess her...
After enduring years of torture from the vampire horde, Lachlain MacRieve, leader of the Lykae Clan, is enraged to fine the predestined mate he's waited millennia for is a vampire. Or partly one. This Emmaline is a small, ethereal half Valkyrie/half vampire, who somehow begins to sooth the fury burning within him.

A vampire captured by her wildest fantasy...
Sheltered Emmaline Troy finally sets out to uncover the truth about her deceased parents- until a powerful Lykae claims her as his mate and forces her back to his ancestral Scottish castle. There, her fear of the Lykae- and their notorious dark desires- ebbs as he begins a slow, wicked seduction to sate her own dark cravings.

An all-consuing desire...
Yet when an ancient evil from her past resurfaces, will their desire deepen into a love that can bring a proud warrior to his knees and turn a gentle beauty into the fighter she was born to be?

I can sum up this book in one word: amazing. I loved this book! I read it all in one day! If you haven't heard of this series, or are debating if you should read it or not; stop your debating and pick this book up! I couldn't believe how much I was into this book, it was that good. I loved everything about it from the plot, to the writing, to the characters. All righty now on with the review!

Plot - As you can see from how many stars I rated the plot, I totally loved it...! I found myself wanting to read more and more, sometimes I was able to force myself to stop reading, but not five minutes later I was picking it back up and losing myself in it's pages. I give the plot five stars!
Writing - The writing was amazingly done- well to me anyway, and I couldn't stop myself from smiling as the book progressed. I found myself wanting more and more to happen so that the book would never end- and that's saying something...! I give the writing five stars!
Characters - The characters were a very interesting bunch. I enjoyed very much learning about them and their dreams and fears. I didn't find myself disliking them- okay there were a few that got on my nerves, but only a few. I really found myself liking the two main characters, Emmaline and Lachlain and Lachlain oldest friend, Bowe. I give the characters five stars!

Emmaline 'Emma' Troy - Emma is very soft spoken person, never having like conflict, or causing anyone she cared for pain. When she is in Paris researching her heritage Lachlain finds her and claims that she is his mate... I found myself really liking her. Reason for me liking her is that as the book progresses she finds herself and finds that she isn't some weakling that doesn't belong on either sides her Valkyrie or vampire side.

Lachlain MacRieve - Is the King of the Lykae. For the past hundred and fifty years he has been the prisoner of the vampire horde and tortured all though that time. Though his clan has thought him dead for the past hundred and fifty years or more, he has not lost his sanity and looks for revenge against the King of the vampire horde, Demestriu, of the pain he has inflicted on him.

Bowe - Bowe is part of the Lykae clan and will do anything for Lachlain. With all the pain he has gone through he will do anything to make Lachlain happy and to see that Emmaline will know exactly what Lachlain has gone through in his search for her.

Demestriu - The King of the vampire horde, knows as the oldest and most powerful vampire in the world.

Ivo - A vampire who wants to dethrone Demstriu and become king.

Overall I give this book - no more and no less!

No comments:

Post a Comment