Monday, July 18, 2011

Stray - Review


I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds. 




Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked. 
I'd been warned about Strays- werecats without a Pride, constantly on the lookout for someone like me attractive, female and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared. 

This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back...for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever- and whoever- I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays- 'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them... 

I heard a lot of good things about this book and decided to give it a go, and boy am I glad that I did! Faythe is a werecat, and a dangerous one at that. She's attacked on her college campus, but is able to fight off her attacker. Although, not before one of her fathers enforcers comes to take her home. Faythe goes willingly and soon finds out that her fellow tabbies are going missing and she does everything in her power to find her friends and bring them home. I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to get the next book in the Shifters series, Rogue! 

Plot - ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ I was very happy with the plot. It was unique and I've never seen, or read anything like it before and that's always a good thing. 

Writing - ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ The writing was very well done, I was very happy with how it all strung out throughout the story. I didn't find myself feeling bored, or uninterested in the story. 

Characters - ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ I was very shocked at how much I enjoyed these characters. I didn't think I would have enjoyed them this much. They were unique but they had some flaws that every person has so it made them seem realistic and that's alway a good thing! 

Katherine 'Faythe' Sanders - Faythe is someone who doesn't take crap from anyone, and is out to show her whole Pride that she can make it on her own, that she can beat anything and anyone that gets in her way. Although, after getting attacked on campus Faythe is forced back to the one places that she cared never to see again: home. When she arrives home she learns that two of her fellow single tabbies are missing and it is up to Faythe and the rest of her Pride to find them, and put whoever their kidnappers are, to justice. Good old Pride style. 

Marc Ramos - Marc is the right hand man to alpha and Faythe's father, Greg Sanders. Five years before the plan was to marry Faythe and live a long happy life with lots of babies, but its not five years ago, things have changed and there are things that need to be done in the here and now. Like find the kidnapped tabbies and bring them home before something terrible happens to them. 

Stray - Nothing is known about the stray(s) that have moved into their territory, but Faythe and her whole Pride will not stop until they find the kidnapped tabbies and make their kidnappers suffer just as they have. 

Overall I give this book ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ no more and no less!

1 comment:

  1. oh dude i just finished the last book and well it was freaking awesome. I wish rachel vincent would have continued the story, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete